Programmable controllers are at the core of process control. These controllers may be small, Programmable Logic Controllers – PLC and Programmable Electronic Safety-related Systems – PES.
SEID has been successfully implementing programmable controllers since our company’s founding. In fact, we are a leader in the process-control industry, recognized as an authorized System Integrator (SI) by all major industrial programmable controller manufacturers.
SEID‘s success and recognition as a programmable controller system integrator can be attributed to our 20+ years of experience and our proven project methodology that includes:
- Documenting programs with instruction comments, tag descriptors, rung comments and annotated program files
- Utilizing standard template methodology that includes repeated functions such as motor control, valve control and analog input control.
- We have developed templates that include:
- Motor control
- Valve control
- Analog monitoring
- Discrete alarms
- PID control loops (feed forward, cascade, etc.)
- Alarm sequence
Our process-control programming expertise has been applied across many industries for many different process applications, including:
- Standards development
- Lead/lag logic
- Mass balance logic
- Load-sharing logic
- Checked I/O logic
- Alarm handling
- SCADA systems
- Languages–Ladder Logic, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, Function Block Diagram
- Safety Instrumented System (SIS) with Safety Instrument Function (SIF)
- Functional Safety of Electrical/Electronic/Programmable Electronic Safety-related Systems